July 17, 2009, Newsletter Issue #144: Serving Divorce Papers

Tip of the Week

After you and your same-sex partner have found representation -- preferably through an attorney who specializes in not only family law, but who is also familiar with the dissolution of same-sex unions -- you will need to serve your partner with divorce papers.

This is not something you will need to do personally. Your attorney should be able to arrange the serving. Be sure, however, that the documents are correct before having your partner served. Make an appointment with your attorney to go over all the papers beforehand.

About LifeTips

Now one of the top on-line publishers in the world, LifeTips offers tips to millions of monthly visitors. Our mission mission is to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. Expert writers earn dough for what they know. And exclusive sponsors in each niche topic help us make-it-all happen.

Exclusive Sponsor

Loveandpride.com is the world’s #1 jewelry destination for the gay and lesbian community. Stylish, sexy designs that celebrate who you are, from wedding and commitment rings to watches, necklaces and bracelets, including the popular "The L Word" and "Queer as Folk" Collections. Elegantly crafted from the finest materials, from acclaimed designer Udi Behr.

Not finding the advice and tips you need on this Gay Marriage Tip Site? Request a Tip Now!

Guru Spotlight
Lynne Christen