July 10, 2009, Newsletter Issue #143: The First Step to Gay Divorce

Tip of the Week

Once you and your same-sex partner have decided that your marriage is no longer working and a divorce is inevitable, you'll need to take the first step to dissolving your union. Both members of the couple must be living in the same state where the union was established. Wherever you first submitted your certificate for civil union, go to (or contact) that town clerk to request a divorce certificate.

Bonus Tip: Many local town clerk offices will allow you to download a divorce certificate from the Internet, so be sure to search online to save yourself the added step.

About LifeTips

Now one of the top on-line publishers in the world, LifeTips offers tips to millions of monthly visitors. Our mission mission is to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. Expert writers earn dough for what they know. And exclusive sponsors in each niche topic help us make-it-all happen.

Exclusive Sponsor

Loveandpride.com is the world’s #1 jewelry destination for the gay and lesbian community. Stylish, sexy designs that celebrate who you are, from wedding and commitment rings to watches, necklaces and bracelets, including the popular "The L Word" and "Queer as Folk" Collections. Elegantly crafted from the finest materials, from acclaimed designer Udi Behr.

Not finding the advice and tips you need on this Gay Marriage Tip Site? Request a Tip Now!

Guru Spotlight
Sheri Ann Richerson