Registering for Gay Marriage

Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Gay Marriage in US and other Gay Marriage topics.

How do I register for gay marriage?

Registering for Gay Marriage

In Massachusetts, gay couples applying for same sex marriage need to file a Notice of Intent to Marry in any local government office. There is a three-day waiting period before the license will be issued. Couples should be aware that same sex marriage licenses will only be provided to couples whose home state does not have a ban on gay marriage.

In Canada, which does not have a residency requirement for same sex marriage, the laws of a couple's home state will apply if the couple want their marriage recognized at home.

Once a gay marriage license has been granted, couples need to organize the actual ceremony and are responsible for all costs.



Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.


URL: (optional)


Not finding the advice and tips you need on this Gay Marriage Tip Site? Request a Tip Now!

Guru Spotlight
Barbara Gibson